Concern about Exam Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Strife99

New

Concern about Exam

Post by Strife99 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:28 pm

Hi

I finished writing a 2 hour open book exam, that had three essay questions. We were allowed to use any notes, textbooks etc. The exam was conducted in a proctored lecture hall and used examplify that blocked copy pasting/wifi.

I don’t know if this has any merit or if I am being overly anxious, but in preparation for the exam, a classmate and I created our summary together and some ideas present in both of our summaries were used to answer the exam essays. Also, since we both made notes on different parts of the course, some parts, like a definition of a concept would have been copied verbatim into the exam.

I’ve never had a concern about plagiarism on an open-book timed proctored exam before, but I was wondering if there are any issues in this case? I’ve always known it to be fine to collaborate on summaries but could it be considered plagiarism even though it is our own synthesis of the course materials? To be clear, one sentence would have been copied directly from the summary (like a definition) but the majority of the essay was our own analysis

talons2250

Bronze

Re: Concern about Exam

Post by talons2250 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:01 pm

There is nothing to be worried about here.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”