DOJ Criminal Fraud -> SDNY/EDNY? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

DOJ Criminal Fraud -> SDNY/EDNY?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 13, 2024 1:23 pm

Anyone move from main justice criminal fraud to a NYC USAO? Is it possible? How best could you set yourself up for this transition?

I’ve applied for a very trial-heavy position at crim fraud and am trying to assess my exit opportunities as someone who wants to be in NYC long term. Coming in with a civil background and trying to diversify (have done very little crim work thus far, just one pro bono matter at my firm). I think I will like criminal law more but also who knows and maybe I should just stick it out until I get a civil offer from EDNY/SDNY out of big law?

Thoughts?

Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Criminal Fraud -> SDNY/EDNY?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 13, 2024 3:38 pm

I know of a small handful of ex-Main Justice folks at EDNY but really none at SDNY. SDNY is very set on the mold of top big law firm --> A3 clerkship(s) in SDNY and/or CA2. EDNY is a bit more open minded especially if you have prior stand-up experience. BigLaw and clerking in NYC is a much more well-worn path. Civil Divisions at both offices have less AUSAs but are generally less competitive.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”